Parishes of the Vicariate of St. Anne, Roman Catholic Diocese of Malolos

Parishes of the Vicariate of St. Anne, Roman Catholic Diocese of Malolos
These are the parishes of the Vicariate of St. Anne (Hagonoy, Calumpit and Paombong in Bulacan)

Friday, September 28, 2012

PAGTINGIN/OPINION: In Time of Pain: Reflections on the Flood Crisis

















    Whenever the news you could watch on television about an approaching typhoon or heavy rain, what would follow will surely be flooding in  towns of Bulacan such as Calumpit, Hagonoy and Paombong (the towns that make up the Vicariate of St. Anne), which are part of the province's catch basin. I am not putting superlative conclusions on this, but it is really the situation that our area has been in for a long time. And all those who live in these towns including myself are in great tumult of worry especially in times that we are antagonized by others.


    The connotation about these mentioned towns is the “reality” and as far as I know, that it is already a “wholeheartedly accepted reality.” And I am not joking to say “wholeheartedly accepted” for I know that these occasions are already part of the annual planner of each municipality (calendars like in Hagonoy have schedules for high tide and low tide levels). The tears brought by calamities had already been out of stock because as far as I can see in every flooding, there would always be children in the streets. They would enjoy catching fingerlings by the road and adults might be doing the same. Every time that I got a chance to communicate with my family to narrate to me what happened, they always say that they enjoyed. Sometimes they envied me, they said whenever I imagined the scenario as they told me in their stories.


    The tears brought by  the calamity had shed but I know that there would still be hidden ones in the back of their eyes. I know that lots of people still felt embarrassed, frustrated and even depressed. There are still people who are in great tumult that sometimes when seeking for help, we forget other people. We live in one house but we have rooms that have neither doors nor windows. One of the classic examples of this is the chaos of greed in every person's heart who fabricate their own bodies to look awful to get more relief goods and forgetting to even lend a piece of clothing to those who are suffering graver than them.



    The action of self-righteousness is also in every street for every one was taking the seat of being omniscient and started to blame others for the catastrophes. People would blame God rather than to ask for His blessings or even His forgiveness. A great number of people can be seen on places of material relief but not in spiritual relief.



    I am not making myself a giraffe on making myself higher in perception than others  and subjecting other people. But it is the “reality” - the accepted reality and I know that people would scrutinize any idea of impiety of people during such times, yet I know that they were the ones who steel the seat of greed, impiety and selfishness from the underground.



    This work is not made to subject the informandi but to tell the informandi about the importance of prayer and trust in the Lord in every way and every thing that we do and was done to us. Thus I encourage the readers of this piece to follow the words of one of this quarter's celebrated saints, St. Ignatius of Loyola: “See God in everything.”

AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM!
For the Greater Glory of God!

Photo Courtesy: Bro. Martin D. Francisco (http://bulatlat.com/main/2011/10/06/lessons-from-the-flood/


Page 5 of 6
Please press Older Posts for Page 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment