Parishes of the Vicariate of St. Anne, Roman Catholic Diocese of Malolos

Parishes of the Vicariate of St. Anne, Roman Catholic Diocese of Malolos
These are the parishes of the Vicariate of St. Anne (Hagonoy, Calumpit and Paombong in Bulacan)

Saturday, April 27, 2013

PANITIKAN | LITERARY: Faith on Fire:

Word and Music: John Paul Morales
Drummer: Angelo Lacsamana
Piano, Guitar and Bass: John Paul Morales
Editor: Van Narciso
Directors: Van Narciso, Jobert Santos
Financer: Athena Cruz
Producer: LGB Production
Copyright 2013

      “Faith on Fire”. This is the title of the song that I have composed. This composition was made because the Religious of the Virgin Mary Education Education Ministry held a Song Writing and Music Video Making Competition with the Theme: Faith on Fire: Believe Celebrate and Live, to be used as the theme song of the Ignacian Marian Youth Jamboree at St. Mary’s Academy of Caloocan City. During the preparations for the competition, Ms. Athena S. Cruz, my teacher asked me to join the said competition. Then I joined the competition, I composed and arranged the song.

     “Faith is Believing things we don’t see, Faith is the essence of the things we pray.” This was the quotation that inspired me in composing the song. I tried to understand the constant definition of faith, but then I could not. It was not easy for me to compose and to write a song like this. I asked the help of my friends and classmates to give me an idea on how will I compose this song with the right message. With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I said, I would be able to think and composed a song.

     The participants in the music videos are students of St. Mary’s Academy of Hagonoy. It feelt so good when the music I made was played while we are entering at the SMA Caloocan City Gymnasium. “Faith on Fire” earned second place on the said competition. Our victories were made even better because the song that I have composed coincided with the celebration of the Universal Church's celebration of the Year of Faith. Contemplating on this, I hoped that the message of the song would guide us towards reflection, and rediscovery of our Faith.

Believe in Christ; always be humble. Celebrate today; never trouble. Live to the fullest; never crumble. For God almighty is with us who will ignite our unity as one Christian Family.”

- Kim Dominic Aguilar
Valedictorian, SMAH Batch 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment